It’s been a while since I’ve posted an update to let everyone know what’s happening in the Fishbone Literary Universe. I’m sorry for the radio silence. I’ll try to do better going forward.
Here’s where we stand at the end of June 2017:
- Today, June 30th, is World Asteroid Day. Out of an estimated million-plus asteroids capable of impacting the Earth, we have discovered only about one percent so far. The 100X Declaration calls for increasing the asteroid discovery rate by about a hundredfold within the next 10 years, so we can get a better idea of what’s out there before it’s too late. Learn more about this initiative at the Asteroid Day website, and consider rereading The Challengers this month to help think about how the world would react to news of an impending impact.
- The Galaxy Game of the month will be based around the MLB All Star Game on July 11th. Look for your downloadable game board, coming soon on this website!
- And more Galaxy Games news to share! Book #3, The Mad Messenger, will be released from Spellbound River Press in Spring 2018. The book is in the copyediting process now and will be the most action-packed and alien-packed installment of the series so far. Watch this blog or my social media feeds for more information as the release date approaches, and sign up for the free Spellbound River Press newsletter for more information on my books and other great middle grade reads.
- Will the Galaxy Games go on after Book #3? Eventually, yes, but for now I’ll be taking a break from sporty sci-fi to work on an exciting new project from Greek mythology. With this new series, I’ll be attempting to breathe new life into a character that was created thousands of years ago but was never given a story saga of her own. I figure she’s been waiting long enough.
- In July, I’ll be trying something new: theme months! The first will be on generating ideas, which I’ll be talking and posting about all month. If you have any suggestions to share on how you come up with story ideas, or any questions for me, let me know in the comments or ping me on Twitter or Facebook.
- Your feedback is always appreciated. Let me know what you think about any of my books, which are available in print and ebook format through all the usual sources.
Thanks for reading!